Outro Health Canada Inc. (“Outro”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is a company providing a secure platform (the “Platform”) that allows our members (the “Users”) access to virtual healthcare, mental health, and counselling services, as well as self-guided health and wellness resources (“Services”) with the goal reducing users reliance on antidepressant medications. Our services are provided to our Users through the Platform with the help of standard forms and questionnaires developed by us or by our professionals, working as partners, contractors and employees whether by video call, audio call, asynchronous chat, or text message (the “Consultations”). Our Platform is accessible through mobile applications or a web browser (the “App”).
The purpose of this policy is to inform you regarding:
a. the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and use the App, the Platform or when you visit the website Outro.health (our “Website”),
b. how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information, including personal health information, of our Users and/or website users (”you”),
and c. our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes. All employees and contractors of Outro who collect and process personal information in accordance with this Policy are those with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require such information, and are required to adhere to the protections described in this Policy. Whenever we engage a third-party service provider or whenever we work with a new partner, we ensure that the information is properly safeguarded at all times at a comparable level of protection the information would have received if it had not been transferred.
What information is collected from me?
Outro collects and uses various types of information along the user journey and across our Platform, App, and Website.
When you complete questionnaires on our website to determine your eligibility or create an account on our Platform, we may Personal Information (“PI”), which is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you and contact you when needed, such as:
● Your name
● Date of birth
● Health insurance details
● Mailing address
● E-mail address
● Telephone number
● Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
● User name or other similar identifier and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline where applicable
When you complete questionnaires on our website to determine your eligibility or use the Platform to receive Services, we may collect Personal information as described above in addition to Personal Health Information (“PHI”), is any personal health information about your physical and mental health you may disclose to our intake team and healthcare practitioners that is relevant to establish your care plan, such as:
● Your medication history
● Your medical history, including mental and physical health symptoms, diagnoses, etc.
● Previous appointment history and clinician observations
● Test results and treatment information; and
● All personal information regarding your personal, familial, financial or legal situation that you may choose to disclose to our intake team and professionals that is relevant to provide you with our Services
When you use our website, app, or platform we may collect and use de-identified, aggregated, and anonymized information:
● Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information.
● Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from the personal information we collected.
● For example, we may aggregate personal information to analyze the quality of our Services, inform future product development, and perform research. Such information will be anonymized and de-identified before being analyzed and used for such purposes.
When you make a payment through our Platform:
● Any transaction information including your credit card or banking information or other financial data in order to process the payment will be collected and processed by a PCI-compliant third-party provider and will not be collected nor processed by Outro
● Any other personal information you may provide for the purposes of the transaction will be collected and used to process the transaction only
When you access and use our Website:
● We may collect technical information, such as your login information, your geo-location information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
● We may collect Digital interaction information : Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.How do you collect my information?
We will always collect your PI and PHI by fair and lawful means. We may collect PI or PHI from you directly and/or from third parties, where we (and/or those third parties) have obtained your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. We use different methods to collect your information, including:
● Via direct interactions with you through our Website, App, and Platform, including during Consultations, through forms and questionnaires, and by receiving care from our healthcare practitioners.
● Automatically, through cookies and other automated data collection technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website and the Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies (the “Activity Information”).
● Through business partners and clients that provide us with a list of eligible Users that can have access to our Platform and services.
How do you use my personal information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your PI or PHI at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your PI and PHI for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
● To determine your eligibility to access the Platform and our services;
● To create and administer your User account when you register on our Platform;
● To identify and authenticate you in order for you to access the Platform and to provide you with our services;
● To communicate with you with respect to the Platform registration and your account and respond to your inquiries on the Platform, the App, our Website or our products and services offering in general;
● To provide you with access to our Platform and to any consultations, information, products, or services that you request from us, including healthcare services;
● To notify you about new locations, products, or services releases, new partnerships and other key information;
● To notify you about changes to our Platform, our App or our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
● To provide you with useful information about trends and best practices in healthcare, mental health and well-being and other relevant topics in connection with our services;
● To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
● To fulfill any purposes we described before you provided the information; and
● For any other purposes upon your consent
When and how do you obtain my consent to collect or use my information?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your PI or PHI for any of the above Purposes. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the PI or PHI and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances. In limited circumstances, we may rely on a third party to obtain your consent to the sharing of your PI or PHI with us. You may withdraw your consent by providing us notice. You may expressly instruct that your personal health information not be used or disclosed for healthcare purposes without your consent. Notwithstanding the above, we may share anonymized data to contribute to improvements, research, and general knowledge about treatments and therapy programs; in all such situations Outro will take reasonable steps to remove personally identifiable information before such results are shared externally.
How is my information disclosed or transferred?
Generally, we will only make disclosures or transfers of your Personal Information and Personal Health Information to such persons or third parties for which you provide your consent, to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. Your information may be disclosed or transferred to:
● Service providers such as, Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, Coaches, Social Workers, Therapists, Pharmacists, and other professionals providing services to you. All professionals engaged by Outro, whether as contractors or employees, are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy. When the disclosure is part of a care plan or any other health services that you have agreed to, we will consider the agreed care plan or the health services to constitute implied consent;
● Third-party service providers that provide technology or communication services, data storage and processing, cloud-based software, payment processing, or other similar services. For disclosures to a third-party not associated with Outro’s Platform or services, we will only make the disclosure after obtaining your express consent;
In addition, we may also disclose or transfer your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable laws, notably in case of suspected or actual privacy breach;
● To a potential acquiror in connection with a transaction involving the sale of some or all of the business of Outro (in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be limited by applicable law), or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Outro, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How is my personal information processed and stored?
We keep the PI and PHI that we collect either at our service provider’s data centres located in the United States and Canada.
If you live in Canada, please note that Outro transfers and stores PI or PHI in the United States for the purposes set out above, including for processing and storage by service providers in connection with such Purposes.
You should note that to the extent that any PI or PHI is processed or stored in the United States, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
You can ask us for a list of individuals and / or organizations we have shared your information with. Except in limited circumstances is an organization able to not disclose the information, including if the disclosure could threaten the safety, physical, or mental health of the person who made the request.
What safeguards are in place to protect my information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your PI and PHI from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees, who are granted access to your PI and PHI, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
How long will you use, disclose, or retain my personal information?
Outro only retains your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may de-identify, aggregate, or otherwise anonymize your Personal Information consistent with applicable laws and industry standards so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer treated as Personal Information. It is Outro's policy to retain Personal Information for ten (10) years once such Personal Information is no longer necessary to deliver the Services and to delete such Personal Information thereafter. This means that, if you close your account with us, we will delete Personal Information associated with your account after ten (10) years. Regarding other types of information we collect as described in this policy it is our policy to retain such information for ten (10) years and to delete such Personal Information thereafter.
Some of your personal information and PHI cannot be deleted due to statutory retention requirements (for example, the minimum retention period of patient records varies by jurisdiction and is typically a minimum of 10 years). For any deletion request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will let you know if we can accommodate your request.
How is accuracy of my personal information ensured?
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your information are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all material information and to inform us of any relevant changes.
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
If you make a written request to review any PI or PHI about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, we will provide you with any such PI or PHI to the extent required by law. We will make such PI or PHI available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
Outro Health Group Ltd.
50 Carroll Street
Attn: Tyler Dyck
When contacting Outro regarding any issue, please do not include any Personal Information (other than your contact information) or health information in the subject line or in the content of your message. Note that email is not a secure method for transmitting information.
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than 30 days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of your jurisdiction in respect of this time limit.